Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Hampshire

So, apparently, Sen. Clinton and Sen. McCain have been hailed the "Comeback Kids." I don't know, but I find it a little premature. They may not always be in the lead of polls in their respective political parties, but they were never not in it. If I wanted to see a real come-from-behind-surprise...wake me up when Dennis Kucinich or Ron Paul wins a primary.

As for the results of the primary, I don't know if we know much. And I probably know lesser still if I read any more CNN Commentary. The parties are still divided among themselves, and they'll continue to scramble to see who can beat the other party's candidate instead of choosing someone who can be a true leader of their party.

Yes, I'm still waiting for a leader.

But Iowa and New Hampshire are not a complete loss for me for political intrigue. Independents, whether they admit it or not, have a lot more power than they realize. It may not work out directly as they would hope, but their vote does matter. And its proven to make or break someone's run for presidency and effectively leave a country in a quagmire.

Just ask Ralph Nader.

The country was not meant to be split three ways. There is a two-party political system, and the third party gets overlooked. But they're so much more important than we think. If any candidate were to find the real sway of the polls, pay attention to the people who are on the fringe as much as you pay attention to your loyal supporters. The major opposing party is not always your biggest threat.

Currently listening :
Plans By Death Cab for Cutie

No comments: