Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Song in My Head

I haven't shared in months. I haven't processed in months. And I have some people telling me that writing helps me process.

Ok. I don't have a lot to offer except for one single song that makes me think of someone that I will miss dearly:

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are gray.
You'll never know, Dear, how much I love you.
So please don't take my sunshine away.

Anyone who knows me know that I prefer rain--Singin' In the Rain, anyone? However, this song makes me remember the ray of sunshine that was Lola and never ceases to make me happy.

I miss you so much, dear Lola. I wish I had better words to express how much you mean to me. But all I can come up with is that I'll always remember you singing this song, in your gentle voice and your lovely Filipino accent.

I love you, dearly.

No comments: