Thursday, April 5, 2007

A Bunch of Not Fully Developed Thoughts

I apologize in advance for this random blog. My mind has been all over the place.
All right. The short lived Scrubs obsession has passed; only to open the door to a favorite obsession of mine...

Oh David Duchovny...why don't you love me?

Yes, the X-Files watching has resumed. And you thought my West Wing fanaticism was bad.
But that is not what this entry is about. As of late, I've been rediscovering what has interested me and captures my mind still. Yes, X-Files is one of them, but moreover, I've had a chance to read a lot lately and have come across some great books--not particularly great writing, but interesting subjects. And with each book, I end up wondering what makes me tick, what inspires me, what I could be passionate about. The list is long and the ideas are lofty. But it makes my heart beat and my blood race.

No, I haven't figured it out. And no, these aren't those "self-help" books. Dr. Phil has yet to grace my bookshelf (which has overflowed to my window sill), but these history and political books can still be inspiring. I don't know what I am passionate about, or what cause most captures my interest. But I know that it will come. In the meantime, I'm discovering what I interested me first.

Before I leave this hodgepodge of an entry, here's a link to another article I read by Ben Stein concerning the state of the union a few months ago...From Ben. Enjoy!

Currently reading :
Profiles in Audacity: Great Decisions and How They Were Made By Alan Axelrod

No comments: