Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Long Way Gone

I know it was sold at Starbucks, but don't hold it against this great book.

It took me less than a day (did I mention that I was sick the past couple of days?) but I read this moving book A Long Way Gone, by Ishmael Beah. It is a tough subject, but the way he writes makes it a pretty "easy" read. There are horrific parts where it makes you sick and sad and angry and hopeful at the same time.

I've written about books on this blog before, but this one I urge you to read. Borrow my copy if you would like. Read the book. Then pray for our world, with each countries' unique struggles and strife. And then pray for hope.

And then share hope with someone else.

Ok. Soap box is over.

Wait...no. One more thing: Books are our friends, reading is good for you. Thanks, Mr. Trampe. :)

Currently reading : A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier By Ishmael Beah

No comments: