Saturday, August 11, 2007

You know its bad when I side with...

...Leonardo DiCaprio.

I was reading the celebrity gossip off of imdb.com and found myself reading about Leonardo DiCaprio's thoughts on the presidential candidates. DiCaprio is waiting to hear specifically about the candidate's thoughts on the environmental lobby. Basically no one has caught his eye yet, and he is waiting to be "inspired." According to the article, he said:

"I'm waiting for the right questions to be asked, and these candidates to give really clear responses to what they're going to do in a tangible way-not a lot of rhetoric. I want to hear hardcore facts."

Although I don't believe that the hype is going away, I like what DiCaprio is doing. He's actually doing what I advise people to do with elections. Pick a singular issue that is important to you and research on what the candidates are actually saying about that particular issue. You'll know who you would vote for if you know what their platform is on the one thing that truly means something to you. You don't have to agree with everything...if you vote like that, you'll always be disappointed. We can get caught up in rhetoric and hype--and it's hard not to--but if you are waiting on an answer on a specific issue, you'll know it when a candidate strikes a chord with you.

Trust me, it will happen. It may not tomorrow...but hey...we've got 15 months.

Ok...now I'm done. Really.

Currently watching : Wordplay

No comments: