Thursday, August 9, 2007

No...I'm not gonna...

...I'm not going to...I promised.

Sigh. There's been some spin on the presidential candidates as of late. The CNN/Youtube debate, Mitt Romney's sons going on to campaign for their father, The Clinton/Obama sparring, the latest republican superdebate....Iowa, New Hampshire, back to Iowa again...

Last time I checked, this is not a presidential election year.
I made a pledge not to talk about it. I really did. I won't talk about it until January 2008, the actual presidential election year.

Then I read this article from Reuters. Apparently, South Carolina moved up its primary election to January 19th. In response, New Hampshire (who has the earliest primary election) may move its primary election date to January 8th. Which, in turn, pushes the candidates to do their frenzied monkey dances at a hurried pace, at an earlier time.

Wait...I said I wasn't going to do it....

Ok. Back to my rant. Why should I care?

I really don't. Except to say that for the next couple months (and when I say a couple, I mean like 15 months) we are going to be bombarded by campaign promises and policies. I'm already tired of hearing about it, and we've got 15 months to go. I hope by the end of the campaigning, people will learn to think for themselves, and stop listening to political spin and ignore the dance of the pundit. I hope they can look forward for America five years down the road and not just the lesser of two evils for the moment. But of all the things people do by the end of this campaign, I just hope they remember to vote.

Did I mention this is going to last for about 15 months?

No comments: