Tuesday, October 9, 2007

When was the last time you had a massage?

This was the very first question I was asked when I got my massage this morning. It was almost like being Catholic again and the priest asks me when my last confession was. But the lady probably just wanted to know how much she needed to inform me of what was going to happen to me for the next hour. But, you know me...I take very simple questions and run with it.

But this isn't about reality. This is just another snapshot of what goes on in my brain. So, back to my tangent...

As the lady waited for me to answer, these thoughts kept popping into my head: Do people usually remember when they had their last massage? Do people have massages on a regular basis? If they do, why?

I don't often splurge on spa treatments. It never really occurs to me to do so. When I splurge, it usually involves a trip to a bookstore (I know, I know...I'm such a boring nerd!) but with my sister's wedding coming up and the threat of family-related stress looming over my head, I realized I needed to hide for awhile. Hence, the massage.

After my massage, I felt so wonderfully relaxed. It was totally worth it. If people did get regular massages, I can understand why. I had no idea how much tension I had carried on my body, and feeling it being swept away was a pleasant experience.

Now that I am completely hooked, I heartily take any donations toward helping making these massages a regular occurrence.

No comments: