Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Little Secret(s)




Last weekend, my sister got married. Congratulations, Paul and Jenny! Many blessings on your marriage!! I love you guys.


In midst of the craziness that is my family and the usual stresses that accompany a wedding and the week I took to recover over said wedding, I had completely forgotten the news I had wanted to share.

Earlier this month, I played piano for our worship team. I had no idea how much I had missed playing piano and playing with a team. I had so much fun relating with other musicians and creating music together. And I look forward to when I can play piano again with them. I guess its a secret passion of mine to play music--I had kept it so close to my heart for so long that I think that not many people know how much I love playing piano.

But I guess the bigger secret is that I used to sing. I guess a more accurate statement is that I secretly love singing and wish I could be better at it (sigh...as much as I deny it, practice DOES make perfect). I sang only one song on one chorus (which is more than I had planned on risking) and I hoped that it sounded all right. Playing piano comes more naturally to me than singing. Piano is a gift, singing is a risk. And even if I never get asked to sing again, I'm fine with it. I've done it once, and I'm proud. In fact, I think that it was number 6 on my Top 22 List of things I wanted to do.

Yes, I'm happy. I think I even scared one of my co-workers who took a double take and asked me: "Are you happy?"

Yes, I'm happy. Life still isn't perfect, and there are some things that are constantly sending my mind in a whirl. Sadly, just because I'm happy doesn't mean that my mind hasn't stopped processing. Shoot, dang.

Yes, I'm happy. Don't tell anyone. It's our little secret.

Currently watching : Sports Night - The Complete Series Boxed Set

No comments: