Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dance of Joy

It's been a long December, and a frustratingly torturous two months. But after a long winter season of foolishness, I came to this realization...

...dance anyway.

Welcome back, Dance of Joy.

After much prayer from my friends, a convicting and uplifting lecture at BSF yesterday (Monday) night, and a few conversations sharing a common theme, I was finally brought to the point where I just yearned to hear from God.

Holy Spirit, won't you help me understand? Holy Spirit, won't you say a prayer for me with your groanings?
--Jennifer Knapp, "Trinity"

I was reading 1 John 2:9-11 and realized that there was so much bitterness and hatred in my heart. I had become so blinded by my foolishness that it was clear why I had no direction. I could see nothing but my bitterness. Once I let it go, the answer seemed so simple. So easy.

And I haven't stopped smiling since.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for bringing me this far. Thank you that you are always at work--especially when I cannot see the answers to my prayers. I am encouraged by your love. May you strengthen my faith for your glory.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
--Paul, Galatians 6:9 (NIV)

Dance of joy, may you never end.

No comments: