Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And the Academy Award goes to...

Oh Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console, to be understood as to understand, to be loved as to be loved...

So...I guess my last blog was a bit dramatic. I was a bit dark and broody, but I was reminded that praise changes things. And after this morning, I know more than ever how that is true. So...here's comes the praise...

I am amazed on how great my friends and family are. I am nothing without them. I thank my God every time I think of you. I learn something wonderful about life, God, and you every time I actually get my head out of the dramatic dark and broody and see you for who you really are: beautiful.

Thank you to my friends, for all the challenges, joys and scrabble games. All of you show me love, especially in times when I feel unloveable.

Thank you to my family, especially my sister and cousins. You always remind me how much I truly love my family and couldn't live with out the craziness that is us.

Thank you to my church. You drive me crazy at times, but without your grace, I may never learn what it truly means to love God and love people.

::::cuing orchestra music::::

Wait...I just have to say...thank you to Jon Stewart and David Duchovny. You know why. Oh...and I can't wait until next year when I can start my political debates on....

::::quickly ushered off stage and cut to Glenn Close and Donald Sutherland to remind us what we are watching::::

Yes, I am sappy, but that's what happens when you're accepting an award for drama.

Currently watching : The West Wing - The Complete First Season

No comments: