Monday, July 2, 2007

So...uh...what happened to June?

I honestly don't know what happened in June.

I can tell you that a lot of changes happened in June, hence my absence with this blog. But the best explanation of my radio silence is that I lost my coffee shop home last month.

I have been hanging out in coffee shops throughout most of my living in Tacoma. I don't know why, but I like coffee shops. I like hiding in plain sight. I typically favored Starbucks, but after working there for two years, I opted for a quieter coffee shop to hide in.

Unfortunately, people found out about this sanctuary and have infiltrated the home that wasn't mine to begin with. Sad day. To make a long story less long...I have no sanctuaries left. There are just not enough coffee shops in Tacoma that I actually like.

So...for a lack of a better term, I have spent a month trying to find a sanctuary. No such luck. Until then, I am floating around Tacoma hoping to find a place I can find safety in...and perhaps, I might feel like myself again.

Currently reading : The Flight of the Creative Class: The New Global Competition for Talent By Richard Florida

No comments: