Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Preoccupation with the Weather(man)

A few days ago, I was chatting with my friend Sara about my recent blogs. Because Sara happens to be one of my best friends, she catches the little things that usually fly under other people's radar. And since she and her husband have pretty much known me the longest, she wins the right of knowing the most about me.

Sidenote: pray for Sara. She's leading a mission team in Liberia for the next couple weeks. I love you, Sara!

Ok. Back to the nonsense.

We chatted about a recent blog I had posted about what I wanted to be when I grow up, and she asks me about my long crush on Weatherman Chris. I told her it was practically over--I mean, we never see each other any more, and...Kirkland is far. She laughs, probably knowing that the crush really never is over.

So, I was at the Y this afternoon, and the local news came on one of the televisions in the cardio room. And there he was. All tan and nerdy as ever, telling me with his goofy, lopsided smile that it was going to be sunny tomorrow, but there is, as always, a chance of rain. I'm not sure of its because I was running a bit harder, or if I was slightly scared that someone would see my sudden flushed face when Chris graced the screen...but my heart raced. He's nerdy as ever, but I apparently love that in men.

Go figure.

I probably won't think about him later, but its nice to be silly every once in awhile. And God knows I really needed to be uplifted from my dark and broody mood. Even if it came in the form of the most random of crushes.

No comments: