Sunday, June 21, 2009

Just Keep Swimmin'

I've been a little disappointed lately.

I guess that happens to everyone from time to time. I happen to be disappointed in specific areas of my life, and it seems like I will never get out of this same rut. However, we are told to keep pressing on. Keep on keepin' on. Hold your head up high and keep walking.

Just keep swimming.

A couple times this week, I have been tempted to give in. To stop doing the last thing I was told to do and take the easier road. I have been tempted to distract myself, to be afraid, to stay isolated. I have been tempted to believe that I am too much, not enough, and nothing at all.

I have to believe that it will not always be this way. I've asked God numerous times if anything will change. The answer I receive is "Yes," but nothing more than that.

Oh, the Unknown, how you vex me.

But I won't give up. I can't. I won't give in because I still have hope. I won't wreck everything now that I've come this far. It can't always be this way, my Father God said so. And that little shred of hope is more than enough to keep me going.

I need a reason for the way things have to be. I need help to build up some kind of hope inside of me. Give me a sign. Let me know you're here. I won't give up if you don't give up.
--Train, "Calling All Angels"

But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
--Paul, Philippians 3:13-14


No comments: