Saturday, June 20, 2009

Random Distraction

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
--Douglas Adams

Suddenly, I've found myself very busy, drinking too much coffee, and looking forward to my vacation. (How many days until the first week of August?)

It's been ten years since I've graduated high school, and I haven't stopped looking forward to summer vacation. Go figure.

My radio silence doesn't have to do thinking too much. I literally woke up one morning and my entire month of June and July was booked. Sigh.

Since I'm prone to thrive on stress, having my time filled with things isn't unusual for me. But this time around, I have no idea what the end result of these efforts will be, which only frustrates me more.
But apparently, we operate on what is unseen.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
--Paul, 2nd Corinthians 4:16-18

I just hope that what I do is toward something that matters.

I don't operate very well with the unknown. But since I can't change that, I must press on and hope that what I do is toward something that matters.

Thank God for LOST nights. You just might keep me sane.

Apparently, I like being distracted. But every now and then, a little random distraction can be a good thing.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

We would be LOST without you!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
; )