Thursday, September 3, 2009

Loving Fall

Apparently, I am still stuck in a school schedule.

I love Fall. Yes, I understand that it is not technically Fall for another couple weeks...but I don't care. I love it.

I love the leaves that turn color, the smell of a cooler air, the excitement of new beginnings. I love wearing sweaters, buying new school supplies (yes, I still buy them) and replacing my flip flops for boots. I love Fall.

Summers are traditionally hard for me. I am out of steam by July, and August is just torture. But when August 31st turns to September 1st, I am energized. I am ready to take on new adventures.

This Fall is no exception. I am excited for the new doors opening for me, and the opportunities that I am exploring. I am not sure what will come out of the life that is laid out before me, but this uncertainty doesn't scare me--just because it's Fall.

I have not set any goals yet this Labor Day weekend, but I hope that during my trip to Washington, DC, I will be inspired to make some goals. And maybe this time I will also have a plan to achieve them.

And that life is laid out before us is filled with the glorious and the challenging.
--Hal Sparks, "Thoughts on Summer."

Then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
--Anais Nin

No comments: