Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Over the Moon!!!

Over the Moon, Round 1: I have a new job!

I will start at World Vision in their call center on February 19, 2007. My last day at Starbucks is Feburary 17.

A gamut of emotions are hitting me as I near my last day at Starbucks. I had to tell people that next week is my last week, and it's starting to get to me. I had to tell one customer for the second time in our barista/customer relationship that I was leaving him. He protested when he realized, unlike the other time, he couldn't follow me to a different store.

Yes. I will miss him. And the countless others that I have met and enjoyed their company--partners and customers.

For all its ups and downs, Starbucks has been a great experience, one I hope I will not forget. I am elated to start this new chapter of my life, but like with all things that end, there is a joy mingled with sorrow.

As for jumping over the moon rounds 2 & 3...I'm coming for you!

Currently watching : The West Wing - The Complete Fourth Season

No comments: