Monday, February 19, 2007

What I know now that I didn't before

This isn't a bulletin post/survey. Since last Thursday, I was bombarded with a crazy amount of trials and tests, tears and tremendous joy. This weekend has shown me so much that I don't think it actually fits in my head.

So here goes.

1. I have a great family.
2. My family still drives me insane.
3. I don't know what I would do if I lost my grandpa.
4. My mother does love her parents.
5. My sister sacrifices more for her family than anyone else.
6. I wish people would thank my sister for all the love she offers.
7. My three cousins from Washington are still my favorites.
8. My mom is still a superhero.
9. I get cranky on two hours of sleep.
10. I could live off of Americanos.
11. Coffee should come in IV drips.
12. I have the greatest church in the world.
13. I have the best friends in the world.
14. I love my Sunday school kids.
15. I remembered why I love teaching kids about God.
16. My Starbucks co-workers are wonderful people.
17. I will miss most of my Starbucks co-workers.
18. I wish I could have provided my partners find a better work environment before I left them.
19. I still feel like I betray people when I leave them.
20. I still love taking long drives at night.
21. I love driving my grandpa's car.
22. I wish I had a piano nearby so I could play during heightened moments of emotion.
23. I love getting to know new (and not so new people).
24. I definitely laugh more since I started working at Starbucks.
25. I am excited for what God has in store for me.
26. I am convinced, more than ever, that whether I am joyful or in sorrow, God is always at work. Always.
27. I am not as afraid of life as I thought I was.
28. Two friends of mine are having a son!!! (yeah!)
29. I want to adopt all of the children from World Vision.
30. I can't adopt all of the children from World Vision.
31. I still have hope.
32. Babies come with hats.

Technically, #32 doesn't count. Extra credit to the person who tells me where I got that from. And honestly, it shouldn't be a hard guess!

PS--If you think about it, please keep my grandpa and the rest of my family in your prayers. Thank you.

No comments: