Thursday, March 22, 2007

Radio Silence

I love deadlines. Especially the whoosh sound they make as they pass by.

I've got nothing.

I guess I'm experiencing what you might call a dry spell. Writer's block. Radio silence. Creativity has left me and all I'm left with is a blank page, a blinking cursor and a slight crush on Zach Braff.
Apparently, I said I was going to finish this book I'm writing. And I've been all over the place the past couple of weeks that I have no idea who my characters are, why they do the things they do.

Hence, writer's block.

Ok. The process story. I'm not one of those writers who let their characters dictate what they do--they don't "speak" to me. I don't have a plan for the characters; I don't even know where they are going to end up. I stare at these characters, trying to understand why they are doing the things they are doing and I have no idea where they are coming from. And so it goes; these characters feeling everything they're supposed to feel and doing...nothing.
I guess I'm waiting to be inspired again. It often takes me awhile, and often when I am nowhere near my computer or even a pen and paper. So I'll sit and focus on that slowly blinking cursor and wait for that inspiration to come.

It's not like I'm on a deadline or anything.

On peut toujours esperer.

Currently watching : Garden State

No comments: