Thursday, March 1, 2007

Eli's Coming

I have not written anything in a long while.

I guess you could say that I have been distracted. A lot of things have happened in the past two weeks, most all of them good (yeah! new job!) and some not so good (Grandpa is doing better, by the way.) But all are showing me the goodness and glory of God.

However, today, I found myself wanting to tear my hair out. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and everyone is safe and sound, but something's bugging me.

And I don't know what it is...yet.

My very first day at World Vision, one of my teachers said this:

Before I started at World Vision, my marriage was good. My family was good. My health was good. And after that, the enemy did everything in his power to make me stop. My marriage fell apart. I couldn't connect with my family. And my health...well, we won't talk about that. My point is this: God brought you here for a reason. A great reason for a great mission. And that is exactly what the devil doesn't want you to remember.

Most of the time, I can remember my purpose. But there are days when the mind starts to wander and all of a sudden I find myself in a new land that I swear I have been to before, but for the life of me, can't remember how I got there.

All I will say is this. We all have a button, a trigger, that sets us off with even the briefest of touches. A finger is poised on that button, I can sense it.

Eli's Coming.

Give credit where credit is due: "Eli's Coming" is a Three Dog Night song. And it's meaning to me came from a show called "Sport's Night." The chorus goes: "Eli's coming, hide your heart girl."

Currently listening : A Walk to Remember By Original Soundtrack

No comments: