Sunday, February 3, 2008

Driven to Distraction

So...Insomnia, my old friend, is paying me a visit. As such, I have been a walking zombie for the the past few weeks, only to find a brief respite at my grandparents house when I take a two-hour nap and I am finally dead to the world...

It was then I realized that I have not written in quite awhile. While I am not one to reveal the exact details of what plagues me most, I will share the other random details that have been spinning around in my mind as of late.

And perhaps, I can find a cure. :-D

1. Edward Norton. I love him. I only own two of his movies, and they have been on repeat on my DVD player. I don't know why, but I like him. And I like his nose. Yes...I am weird, but that's not why I can't sleep at night.

2. I need a haircut. Its been almost a year since I had one, and I can't find the person who cut my hair last.

3. Dave Matthews Band. The past couple of years are not my favorites, but his earlier LPs are fantastic. I've been listening to the Crash LP for awhile now. "Two Step" is my current obsession.

4. Rebuilding life is hard. Worth it, but hard. Sometimes, the life we had left behind appears easier and the temptation to go back to it gets harder to resist.

5. "In a blink of an eye." I have never understood this phrase before now. I wish I didn't.

6. Ignorance really is bliss.

7. I actually do like reading fiction. But I'm still only reading ones from decades ago. Any suggestions are welcome. Currently trying to get through "Persuasion" by Jane Austen. Contemplating reading "Anna Karenina" but not sure about the commitment.

8. I find that most of the time, I'm bored to distraction. Except for when its time for bed. Go figure.

9. I love the underdog. (Go Eli Manning!) I have to say that I root for the underdog all the time. My heart goes for the people that are overlooked and underappreciated. Never underestimate people.

10. Never assume people's backstories. Everyone has a public face and everyone has a private face. I find the private faces much more interesting.

11. I would really enjoy a glass of merlot right now.

12. I really need to stop trying to save everyone.

::::big sigh::::

I'll get through this. I've still got hope that there's more to life than what's floating in my brain. I don't know what I'm waiting for, but I'm waiting. In the end, I have my books.

And Edward Norton.

Currently watching : The Painted Veil

No comments: