Sunday, February 10, 2008

Glory

And that life is laid before us filled with the glorious and the challenging.--Hal Sparks

So, my brain is full again. I have all of this information that I am not sure what to do with, and I can't make heads or tails of it. Now, I don't know if the world ever made sense to me, but I'd like to think that there was one moment in my childhood when I believed that everything was good and pure and right and true.

If I knew what I know now, I would have held on to that moment a little longer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be dramatic. The hand's not on the top of the forehead, and I am not fainting onto the couch under the pressures of the world. Instead, I'm standing in utter disbelief at the world around me, wondering where in the world did we go wrong. And if there is anything we can do to make it right.

I do not believe that we are owned by the demons lurking in our past. We are better than that; whether we believe we deserve it or not. But in the weakest, must vulnerable parts of me, I still doubt. I may be hanging on to hope by a single thread, but the point is...I've still got hope.

And it is in that very hope; that dare to keep on believing in something better; that makes us glorious.

Currently watching : The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (Platinum Series Special Extended Edition)

No comments: