Thursday, February 28, 2008

To Whom it May Concern

Dear March 2008:

This is your moment. You have a chance to redeem 2008 from its rocky start. The past two months have been hard, challenging and quite frankly, crappy. In retrospect, these two months of trying times have made me stronger and worth all the pain to reach joy. I don't blame January and February for what they offered me. Nothing is wasted and there is a reason for everything. There is no joy without experiencing sorrow.

That's right, March, I didn't forget the campaign promise: Joy for 2008.

So here we go. This is your moment to shine. Rise above the preceding months and help me remember that everything's going to be all right. That all these weeks of rough starts and waves of grief was paving the way of delight and joy and freedom.

Sure, that's a lot of pressure to put on you. You're not used to having so much riding on the the days that number your space on the calendar year. But I believe in you. You can make this happen. And even if you don't, that's fine. I'll move on to April. But don't let that give you an excuse to fail to rise to the challenge.

Yes, March 2008, this is an exciting time for us. This is your moment. Make it count.

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration. See you in a few hours.

Currently watching : Scrubs - The Complete Sixth Season

No comments: