Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Traveling Library

This post is for Sara. I love you, my beautiful friend!

My grandfather collects books. He used to receive books from everywhere, but the ones I loved most were the leather bound books from the Easton Press. They were mostly books written by literary greats and philosophers. As a child, I ran my fingers long the covers of those books, longing for the day when I could be old enough to read them. The first one I read from that collection was Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

I loved it.

Growing up, I picked up my grandfather's habit of collecting books. I had a library of my own as a child, but when I became too old to read those books, they were donated to the Fairwood Public Library. Since then, I had accumulated a lot of books to add to my ever-growing library.

Apparently, some of those books never make it out of the car.

When I was cleaning my car for my carpool to BSF one Monday night, I discovered a collection of books. I was known for keeping pairs of shoes in my car, but I never realized I was building a mobile library as well.

So, Sara (and for those interested), here is the list of books I found in my car. Let me know if any of these are books I had borrowed from you...otherwise, you may never get it back!

1. The Great Divorce, CS Lewis
2. The Story of Painting, Sister Wendy Beckett
3. Jesus Wants to Save Christians, Rob Bell
4. Desiring God, John Piper
5. The Measure of a Man, Sidney Poitier
6. The Republic, Plato
7. The Last Undercover: The True Story of an FBI Agent's Dangerous Dance with Evil, Bob Hamer
8. Waking the Dead, John Eldredge
9. Spiritual Leadership: Moving People on to God's Agenda, Henry & Richard Blackaby
10. The Pilgrim's Progress, John Bunyan
11. Six American Poets: An Anthology, Edited by Joel Conarroe
12. The Hour I First Believed, Wally Lamb

Yes, I am a nerd.

No comments: