Sunday, May 24, 2009

Timing

Time, it seems, has gotten away from me.

I've been so busy lately, running from one thing to the next, that I haven't had time to think, let alone blog.

With summer just around the corner, a lot of the things I am involved in will slow down. As such, I finally have some "free" time. Being someone who thrives on routine, I am not sure what to do with large blocks of time that aren't planned.

However, because I have the chance to slow down, I realized how much I had missed when I was going from one place to another. Hanging out with friends won't seem like meetings, but just time spent together. (Imagine that!) I might get to breathe once in awhile, and go to bed at a decent hour. And maybe I won't always feel like I'm playing catch up in the areas where I fell behind.

Yesterday was further proof of the beauty of free time. I was able to see my friends and actually see them and have a conversation with that lasts more than two minutes. I was able to listen to someone who normally doesn't share what is going on and hear their life story in a rare opportunity I would have missed if I had been running around. I was able to enjoy rehearsal and slow down enough where I got to know the people who play on the worship team week after week. And after that, I was able to play piano for the sake of playing instead of leading or performing.

Life will always have a potential of being busy. But I am sad to think of all the things I would miss if I didn't take the time to just be.

No comments: