Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Resolve

Dear Heart,

It's all right for you to feel every once in awhile. I promise.

I'll try not to hide in my work, cloak you in busyness, or needlessly avoid what ails you until you burst at the seams just to get my attention. I'll try not to let worry plague you. I wanted to have a life, and we should be able to live it.

I resolve to take better care of you. I resolve to not ignore you when you are broken, disappointed, or wounded. I resolve to feed you with joy, care, and thanksgiving.

There is a heart in this hollow tin chest. And you belong to me. Precious God, may you guard this heart with the presence of your peace.

Love,
Me

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
--Paul, Philippians 4:6-7 (ESV)

And reaching out my weary hand I pray that you understand You're the only one who's faithful to me. You're the only one who's faithful to me.
--Jennifer Knapp, Faithful To Me

No comments: