Thursday, January 4, 2007

Jumping Over the Moon the First 100 Hours

The only thing to do is jump over the moon.

First of all, I want to say that this is not a political commentary. I will admit, however, that I will not hide the fact that the roots of this blog stemmed from the fact that the The US 110th Congress convened today.

Most of the news I came across were about the 110th Congress and their ambitious/foolhardy plan for their first 100 hours. Questions: will they try to push out the Republicans? Can they succeed in doing so? Which laws will they pass and which ones will they pass by? And does that, if anything, have to do with our current situation in Iraq?

Wait. I promised that this would not be a political commentary.

Congress is under a lot of pressure for the next 100 hours (for those who don't want to do the math, that's roughly 4 days.) Granted, that isn't a lot of time, but a small body of people can change the course of history in that amount of time.

After the fourth or fifth article on some credentialed journalist/commentator, I thought... what great change have I done in the past 100 hours?

Heck, I have a hard time remembering what I did in the last 24 hours.

So, in the same spirit of the New Year's Resolution, the 110th US Congress and the Friends episode where Ross tried to do something new every day, I propose to do this...

In 100 Days...I'm going to (in no particular order or preference) learn French, find a new job, and finish my book.

Ambitious? Foolhardy?

Only time will tell.

I don't think I'll actually achieve any of these things in 100 days, but I'd like to remember the past 24 hours and have my only answer not be about work.

People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.

Currently listening : Rent (2005 Movie Soundtrack) By Jonathan Larson

No comments: