Friday, January 5, 2007

Revolutionary Risk Takers and the Funny (Great) Thing About God

I am inspired. Amazed. Excited.

No...no new job yet. No new French phrases. No new pages. But never fear...I'm mounting a comeback.

I, however, have had two encounters that I know God has placed on my path. I don't know the reasons why God put them in front of me, but I know, at least, God has used them to inspire me and help me find the hope I have for humanity that I thought I had lost.

In the past 24 hours, I have had two separate conversations about risks. These two extraordinary people, have a dream. An ambition. A hope. And yes, both of these dreams involve a risk. A HUGE risk. They may fail, but by the grace of God and help from the body of Christ, they may very well succeed.

Here's to the latter!

What I want to say to these people (and countless others) is that of all the things that inspire me, what inspires me the most are those who dream out loud and are willing to put feet to the faith and take that risk.

And do other cliches, too.

It's one day after my "jump over the moon" hundred days countdown and I have done nothing. But after this God-lead conversations, I am more determined to go after it. And I encourage them to risk their respective dreams as well.

God wants us to have a life and to live it to the full. In other words, God wants us to have a life where we can take risks; for Him, for us, for others.
In his book, Waking the Dead, John Eldredge talks about eternal life. He said that eternal life doesn't begin when we're dead/in heaven. It begins when we accept Jesus as our Savior. It begins now.

Here's to our eternal lives. May they be extraordinary.

Then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. --Anais Nin

No comments: