Tuesday, January 9, 2007

What's my line?

So. I have this dream. Warning: there is absolutely nothing cryptic about this dream. Believe me, I've tried looking. I am just that obvious. Or oblivious. Whichever. You all can take a vote later.

I'm about to perform the play Our Town by Thornton Wilder. I'm Emily Webb, the female lead. For some reason, I don't know my lines. I haven't rehearsed. We're performing, and I'm basically screwed. Frantic, I start ripping out pages from my script, creating crib notes for me to read my lines from. I manage to squeak by unnoticed, but then something odd happens.

It's the scene where George Gibbs and Emily finally find that they're falling in love with each other. However, I can't find my script. I can't cheat, I can't say the lines I'm supposed to say. The scene goes on, and George and Emily fall in love like they're supposed to, but I don't know the next line.

I told you it wasn't cryptic.

No comments: