Thursday, October 15, 2009

Script Change

I've been praying for something specific for a few weeks now.

In the past few days, a few questions have crept into my mind, altering my static perspective. I can't possibly articulate the numerous questions that plague my mind as of late, but this particular question has surfaced:

Have I become too comfortable with my life that if asked to change it all, would I obey?

I hadn't realized that things I have been praying for would result in dramatic changes in my life. As much as I look forward to see how God will answer my prayers, I wonder if the time came, would I leave the comfort of the status quo of my life and step into the unknown?

I'm not good when the script changes and the scene I had expected to come next is no longer there or has been completely rewritten. But then again, our lives are not scripted. They are dynamic. They are fluid. They can change.

We can change.

I suppose that's the beauty and strain of having faith in a God who is both good and sovereign. To trust God is to trust Him with his good plans and that he is sovereign over the details.

Especially when the script changes.

And in my experience, what he creates is better than what I could ever imagine.

We must be willing to be rid of the life we had planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
--Joseph Campbell

No comments: