Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Happy Birthday

People have often said that I have a good phone voice.

I don't know why, but people say that I have a good, professional voice. I think I sound like a nasal, whiny kid. Apparently, my "phone voice" has been an asset in my past administrative jobs and which makes up most of my current job. And it so happens that odd compliment is the basis of how I make my living.

Last weekend, I got sick. Then come Monday morning, I lost my voice. This isn't exactly the best thing to happen when you work at a call center.

Shoot, dang.

By the time I arrived to work, my voice had returned, but in a scratchy, throaty/breathy tone.

Fine...it was my sexy voice.

Again, not good when you work at a call center. Well, at least the call center that I work for. It doesn't exactly bode well. People at Starbucks used to make fun of that voice, teasing me and goading me to keep that voice for the promise of bigger tips.

Silly Rabbits.

So throughout my work day, I thought about those people and laughed to myself at the odd situation I was in. People were nice to me for the most part. Five hours later, my "regular" voice had come back. Sure, I was embarrassed a couple of times, and I begged my supervisors and quality coaches not to listen to those phone recordings.

Happy Birthday, Mr. President.

Currently watching : Psycho (Collector’s Edition)

No comments: