Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Midnight Confession...

...when I tell all the world that I love you...

Yes, its another song stuck in my head. Just go with it.

Second of all...no more midnight blogs.

I recently attended the Christian Musicians Summit this weekend. I didn't know what to expect out of it since this was my first year attending the event and I had only "officially" joined the team two weeks ago. And since I had to work on Friday, I had to drive my by lonesome and missed a whole day of fellowship with people I had wanted to get to know. Believe me, a lot can happen in the car on the way there. That's where people start bonding, and I missed out on it.

You guessed it: Grr. Argh.

I have a tendency to withdraw and isolate during these events and I was starting with two strikes against me. And if you count the fact that I was already heartbroken when I had first joined the team, I suppose one could say I was technically out.

Amazingly enough, despite my broken heart (and without a voice most of the morning), I still encountered God. I still encountered love. I still connected with the awesome group of people that make up the worship team of my church.

Oh yeah...I was confessing something. I don't often go to this place, but if you can bear with me, this is my confession. So if you can't take it, wait until my next blog. I promise to be funny. But tread with caution with what follows: here be spoilers.

For a couple of months now, I felt my heart going under an assault. Everything seemed to break my heart. People, places, circumstances. As soon as I found the shattered pieces and tried to glue it back, another piece would break off. I hate trying to fix it all by myself. Can't someone just take it? Can't someone just hug me at the end of the day and tell me that everything is going to be all right? Can't I encounter someone who will just love me?

All I want is someone to take care of my heart.

Tonight...I finally realized that someone already has. And I struggle with it being enough.


Currently listening : Let The Praises Ring By Lincoln Brewster

No comments: