Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving...

No pomp. A little circumstance...mainly because I don't know what "pomp" actually entails. For many, 2007 brought more pain and suffering than joy and dancing. I don't know if this year was exactly a banner year for me, but I'm content with a lot of things.

Here's the short list.

1. My job at World Vision. It is a blessing in so many ways and I thank my God for it.
2. My coffee shop. It has served (ha ha, I HATE puns!) as a sanctuary for me more than once.
3. My family. You keep me insane.
4. My church. I've caused you pain. You've caused me heartache. Which, makes us family. I love you all.
5. A chance to play piano again. I love it more than I thought I had. And its open so many other opportunities that I didn't know were available to me. Its good to feel like me again.
6. My Tuesday breakfast meetings with my friend Natalie. Its saved me more than once.
7. Accomplishing two out of my list of twenty-two things that I had wanted to do. Yeah!!

And of course...my Lord, my God. You make all things wonderful.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Eat turkey, look at your family and friends and just love on them. Sleep. Wake up. Repeat.

No comments: