Sunday, November 18, 2007

O Happy Day...

I know countdowns and top-ten lists usually circulate before New Year's, but Thanksgiving never really gets any attention. So here's my list to start of this week o'giving thanks...
Disclaimer: lists are not in any particular order and are subject to change due to my fickle nature...

Today has been brought to you by...things that make me happy...

1. Gene Kelly...of course, "Singing in the Rain."
2. A cool, crisp fall day.
3. Beethoven
4. Yo-Yo Ma and the cello
5. Playing piano with our awesome worship team at Discovery!
6. Drinking coffee on a rainy day
7. Laughing until my stomach hurts and my eyes are brimming with tears.
8. Jon Stewart and David Duchovny...(you knew they had to be here somewhere.)
9. White roses
10. The sound of rain (sheesh...my 3rd reference to rain...which brings me to...)
11. Weatherman Chris
12. My cousins. They're crazy.
13. The Reduced Shakespeare Company & the Complete Works of Shakespeare...Abridged!
14. People who are as nerdy and awkward as I am!
15. Snowmen.
16. "Bring it On." I know, I know...Bad movie. Stupid Kirsten Dunst. But it never ceases to make me happy.
17. Mmm...cookies.
18. Playing Scrabble with my Starbucks friends.
19. Getting lost in Barnes and Noble in Seattle.
20. Mr. Bingley in the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice. He's so amazingly delightful in his naiveté. It makes me smile.
21. Beatles' "Blackbird."
22. Van Morrison's "Brown-Eyed Girl."
23. Writing the perfect line for a skit or story.
24. Dreyer's Mint Chocolate Ice Cream. Oh how I miss thee.

More lists to come...

Currently watching :
Ocean’s Thirteen (Widescreen Edition)

No comments: