Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Yeah. Election Day.

Did you vote? :-D

This is history in the making and a future we're building--how could we not get excited?

Yet, come tomorrow, a new world will be open to us (hopefully). Still, even then, change doesn't happen overnight. It doesn't happen just because today is Presidential Election Day. But change is here. I just hope it doesn't die just because the voting portion has ended. Moreover, elections don't change who God is. And he is bigger than any elected official and those who did the voting. And that is a perspective I hope we never lose.

Yup. Tomorrow (hopefully) will be different, but we have the same God.

Oh, brave new world with such people in it!

2 comments:

Sara Sandefur said...

It was SUCH a frustrating day because I was at the hospital from 7-7 and not ONE pt had the TV on to election coverage! And I had to do my victory dance in the car on my way home after Mike told me the results. I'm scared to death to really believe anything can change, but I'm loving the moment, just the same.

FluffyDonna said...

I've been registered to vote for 4 years now, but I voted for the first time ever!

=)