Sunday, November 16, 2008

Enough

This weekend, I attended the Christian Musician Summit. This was my second year, and like most sophomore years, everyone kept comparing it to last year. The concensus was that last year, they felt more bonded because they were in the same car. This year, we had a caravan of a few cars.

I had no comment to share because last year, I drove up seperately. And since I was sick, I didn't have a voice.

Sigh.

Last year, I was feeling a lot of sadness and discouragement from my new role in worship team and my walk with God. I confessed that I was having a hard time with God being enough.

This year, I had an unusual experience. Even after all the madness and chaos and disappointing situations I was in, I felt close to God. I loved that I was getting to know him every day. It is a sweeter song as of late, and I had never had that experience when I'm attending a church function.

Odd, huh?

I thank God that he had taken me to that place of peace in midst of storm, hope despite despair. And may I ever be an overflow of praise for Him.

No comments: