Saturday, November 22, 2008

...a wish the heart makes...

...As per usual...here is my disclaimer: I don't blame the Cinderella story at all...

Work has been a real joy right now. Being in the research department for the call center has been challenging...and there is always something new every day. To that extent, I haven't had a lot of time to think about anything else. Normally this wouldn't bother me, except where I can't get out of my head the question that my pastor had proposed in his sermon a few weeks ago: what is your dream?

I used to hate admitting my dreams. I didn't want to be disappointed. However, I realize that keeping quiet doesn't stop the disappointment when dreams don't come true.

Who says that dreams can't come true? They do every day. It may not happen to me as much, but I have to believe that they do come true. I can't put stock in dreams. They, like a lot of things in this world, are bound to disappoint. So, do I ignore the wishes my heart makes? Do I settle for less? Or do I dare to dream big?

In my restless mind, I struggled with this question of "what is your dream?" And this is my conclusion. I can dream big, but I can also believe in a big God.

God knows the desires of my heart and the dreams I keep hidden in my heart. He only wants to bless me with good things. I cannot hold onto my dreams. But the hope I have in God...that is something worth holding onto.

No comments: