Thursday, November 27, 2008

An Overflow of Praise...

This year went by really fast. There was a lot of heartache, stretching, and pain, but out of all of those things, God created beauty, joy and peace. My plan for this year was to continue my week of lists from last Thanksgiving week, but this week proved to be a little more interesting than that.

However, I wanted to get this list out today. I am overflowing with praise for my Father God, who made all of these things possible in my life by his generous grace and fierce love.

1. My "church" family. God has created a family for me. Most of them I met at the church I currently attend, but all are fellow believers who walk through life with me. I had not realized how I had taken this group of people for granted, but I know more than ever just how much I love everyone. I am a better person because of all of these people, and I hope that I may be a blessing to them in some way.

2. Tuesdays with my best friend, Natalie. It has saved me a couple of times from doing something stupid. I can't imagine doing life without my friend!

3. The coffee shop. There are no words to describe how this place has become a sanctuary for me. I spent many hours there to hide, to laugh, to just be... I know my coffee boys don't know how much they mean to me and the comfort they have given me in the form of a cup of coffee. Their crazy antics reminded me not to take life too seriously. They laugh at all my stupid jokes and they let me sit for hours at the end of the bar as I watch the Olympics on the internet. Sanctuaries can be good.

4. My worship team. They don't know it, but I would have given up everything and chosen a worse kind of living if it weren't for them. It hasn't always been easy, but I know the music is sweeter because of the relationships we have built with each other and with God.

5. My job. I love it so much right now. I am thankful for my co-workers, who remind me every day just how blessed I am to work at a place like World Vision with people who love God and love his people.

6. The Sunday night small group. I know we've just met, but I love all of these ladies very much. They are fun people who love God and want to know more of Him. They invited me in and accepted me so easily. It seems like we have been friends forever! They are a great picture of what true community living is like. I want nothing but the best for each of them.

7. My family. They drive me crazy, but I love everyone of them.

I could go on and on and on and on...which is just a testimony of how good God is and how truly blessed we all are. May I never forget God's blessings and may I always be an overflow of praise for him.

No comments: