Thursday, November 26, 2009

Love Like an Ocean

A list could not contain everything for which I am thankful.

But that doesn't mean I won't try. My heart is still an overflow of praise for my God.

O to grace, how great a debtor...

1. Friends. I learn so much from them. They bring me silly joy and peaceful comfort. They remind me of what is truly important. I am not well-versed in expressing affection and gratitude, but truly, I have nothing but pure love for the group of people I am honored to have as friends.

2. Work. Sometimes I can't believe how blessed I am to have my job. I have been given so many opportunities that I am humbled by how much they trust me. I hope that I am a blessing to those I work with. I always wish to serve them well.

3. Family. They are a unique brand of crazy. But I belong to them. They say you can't choose the family you are born into. Even so, for everything I have been through with them, I will always choose to love them. They mean so much to me.

4. Music. I love that it is back in my life again. It took me awhile, but because of a few people who reminded me how much I love it, and for those who give me the opportunity to try, I have an ongoing song in my heart.

5. Grace. There are so many things that have happened this year that would not have happened if not for the grace of God. And when I look at what I have and joyfully anticipate for what is to come, I know that I truly do not deserve any of it. The only reason why I have any of these things I listed above and the things I have treasured in my heart is because God graciously calls me His.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Be blessed.

O my words could not tell, not even in part, of the debt of love that is owed by this thankful heart.
--Matt Redman, "I Will Offer Up My Life"

No comments: