Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Peace Like a River

Considering my recent desire to find rest, I thought it may be appropriate for today's offering for the Thanksgiving List to be...

What Calms Me...

1. A cup of hot chocolate and a rainy day. Sometimes a rainy day is what it takes for me to slow down and take stock of what is really important. I also must admit, hot chocolate is delicious and beats a cup of coffee on certain days.

2. Long car rides. You can find out a lot about yourself. And if you're lucky enough to have someone to drive with you, you can find out a lot about someone else. It is always worth it.

3. Beethoven and Chopin. One is dark and broody. The other is lyrical and expressive. Both write music that is just beautiful.

4. Yo-Yo Ma. He rocks.

5. Laughing. Sharing silly stories, retelling an inside joke, and breaking into fits of uncontrollable laughter over nothing provides proof that peace doesn't always have to be experienced with silent solemnity. I cherish the people who make me laugh. Especially the ones that make me laugh over the things that I would typically take too seriously.

Peace and joy, my friends.

No comments: