Sunday, November 22, 2009

Joy Like a Fountain

In 2007, I started creating lists the week of Thanksgiving.

Last year, I was not able to continue the tradition due to family issues (has it really been a year?) but I thought I'd try my hand at cataloging this past year. Yes, I realize this is cheesy, but then again, this may be a refreshing change to my usually thoughtful blog entries. On a side note, I don't think there is anything wrong in looking back over the year and being thankful for what we were given.

Today's list is brought to you by joy...

1. Asher James and Evelyn Joy. These kids make me happy. Their families make me happy, too.

2. My friends. There are many reasons why you're all in my life; one of which is how much joy you bring me. I love laughing with every single one of you. If I haven't personally told you how much I enjoy you, I apologize. I hope I will be better at expressing my gratitude to you.

3. Playing piano and singing. I may not be the best at those things, but when I'm fully engaged in making music, almost nothing else brings me as much joy.

4. Rainy days. Yes, I love rainy days. I don't think I can explain the depth of how much joy they can bring me.

5. 11 AM Worship Team. They put up with me and how nerdy I get over music theory. (Yes, you should sing the fourth above the melody. Then it would be perfect! Oh! A perfect fourth! :::cue Abby's nerdy laugh and team members nervously exchanging glances and rolling their eyes:::). Really, I enjoy playing music with my team.

6. LOST nights. Yes, I enjoy the show. But really, it's also a chance for me to hang out with my friend Kristin and connect with her through this show. Yes, we're silly over our dedication to (some may obsession with) this show, but I wouldn't trade our connection over silliness for anything.

7. The Wizard of Oz and Singin' In the Rain. These two movies top my all-time favorites. On many a dark and broody day, these films never cease to make me feel better.

8. My Dance of Joy. I haven't danced my dance of joy recently. And not many people have seen this dance of joy. (Be grateful). But when I do dance this dance, it's nothing but pure joy.

Thanks for embracing the cheese.

No comments: