Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cable Capitalism Wins Olympic Gold

I'm running out of blog titles. Sorry.

When I moved to the apartment, I decided not to get cable. I'm distracted enough. Being confident in my decision against white noise, I am proud to not have to turn on the television every time I walk into the room. However, I have come to an impasse with my struggle with cable. The Summer Olympics are starting tomorrow.

Now, I know that Olympics coverage is still something left to be desired, but I love watching the events. Last Summer Olympics, I lived in a house where we also did not have cable. And I missed the excitement of all the swimming, gymnastics and track events I wanted to watch and I had to live vicariously by watching other people's television sets.

Sigh.

I confess that I don't watch the entire Olympics, and really, the first week is only truly what interests me. So, my question is this: is it possible to sign up for cable for a week? Just one week? :-)

Bigger sigh.

I won't give in. But like with most things, its tempting. I just have to keep reminding myself that NBC commentaries are not worth it.

PS--Happy David Duchovny Day. I wouldn't be Abby if I didn't say it.

No comments: