Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Fever, Baby!

Because of my aforementioned lack of cable, I have been watching the Olympics online at a coffee shop. And since I'm on vacation (which I just found out I did--long story), I don't have to wait an entire day before getting my fill of watching Olympic swimming.

Yes, I'm a Michael Phelps fan.

In both track and swimming, my favorite events are the relays. Team and individual effort can lead to very exciting races. And last "night" the US team of Phelps, Garrett Weber-Gale, Culler Jones and Jason Lezak won gold for the men's 4x100 free relay. If you haven't watched it, get excited and watch the video. You will cry. Written drama can never really fully capture the sheer victory and loss of .08 of a second.

Ok. I'm calming down now. With all the Phelps excitement aside, its a great Olympics to watch.

At least in swimming.

Really...calming down now. Aaron Peirsol's events are up soon and I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Sara Sandefur said...

I'm with you. Which is hilarious considering I've paid them absolutely no mind at all up to the opening ceremony, which I missed except for the parade of nations. But then I got hooked in by Phelps and caught myself watching an entire basketball game along with a million other people yesterday.... At least it's not boring!