Friday, October 31, 2008

I don't know why, but it makes me laugh...

I couldn't tell if it was because it was a Friday afternoon at work, or if it was because Halloween, of it was because I left my office key card in my other pants pocket, but I had a hard time getting through my day.

So, I decided to skip going to the Y and opted for a quick visit to the coffee shop. I was glad I did. I got to connect with some people I hadn't in a long while. But what really made my day occurred on my way home.

At the traffic light on 6th and Union, a bunch of trick or treaters were crossing 6th Ave. It was the usual fare of familiar costumes, but I noticed that one kid was carrying a "We Need Change" placard.

Because it is getting closer to Election Day (did you vote yet? I did!) I had come to ignore these placards that have littered our sidewalks and street corners. But this particular one was in the hands of a little boy in a dark suit.

Yes, it was a little Barack Obama crossing the street.

I don't know why, but it made me laugh.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We voted!!!

Abby said...

That's why you're my friends!!!