Thursday, April 23, 2009

Random Surprises

I don't know why it always catches me by surprise every single time God does something I didn't expect or plan.

I love pleasant surprises.

The past few weeks have been difficult. I have one more event to get through and I think I'm in the clear for family get-togethers for awhile. Please don't misunderstand me, I love my family. But too much time spent with them often leads to heartache, disagreements, and disappointments. I am determined that this round that I will have the courage to show love even though I want to cry and hide.

I just need to make it through one more Catholic mass.

Other than that, I have been learning a lot about God's plans. I still don't know all the steps, but as of late, I have been encouraged by the most random of people. I won't be able to express or describe these random events, but they have all been encouraging.

I just need to hold onto hope that God's plans are better than I could ever plan on my own. I need to hold onto the promises God has spoken over my life and not settle on anything less. And if I can glean anything from what I had learned this past week, what God has planned may be unexpected, but always a pleasant surprise.

I love the way you love me, Lord.

No comments: