Sunday, April 19, 2009

This Weekend

I'm not quite sure what to write, but I feel like I should offer something. And since I promised for this entry that I would not be vague, I decided a list would be best. So here goes...

1. I love Portland. My best friend, Natalie, took me to a day trip to Portland for my birthday. It was a great blessing to leave the city and clear my head for a couple hours. By the time I got back, armed with a few books from Powell's, I felt refreshed and a little more like myself.

2. I love Powell's bookstore.

3. I am currently watching Season 1 of Lost. I miss Season 1 Jack. :-D But I definitely identify with his reluctance to be a leader and yet his penchant for being one.

4. I love my worship team. I am going to miss playing with them during the 9 AM services. Next Sunday will be my last Sunday on the 9 AM team. From there, I will be leading the 11 AM services.

5. I love playing for the 11 AM services. Every part of it brings me so much joy. Even the rehearsals.

6. I still get stage fright every time I play piano. I know I've mentioned this a few times before, but I thought it may be worth mentioning again. With that in mind...

7. I don't usually sing into the microphone, and my voice is not as trained as much as I'd like it to be. I still don't like hearing myself through the monitors, but after the first verse of the first song, I didn't mind it as much.
Apparently, once I got over myself and let myself sing to my Beautiful God, it was fine (I hope!). I don't know how I sounded, but I pray it was good enough for my God.

8. My friend Kyle just returned from India. For five months, he had taught English to the children at a school one of our mutual friends helps fund. I am so proud of Kyle. I am glad he is back, but I know his heart is in India. I hope you get to return to India, Kyle. I'm sure the children would love to see you. And I know for sure that they will never forget you.

9. My friends Joshie and Tish just welcomed their second child. She is a precious one, and I know Henry will be a great older brother.

10. Sometimes, I like random things.

Ok, so technically, the last one is kind of vague, but hey...it wouldn't be a true Abby entry if there wasn't something vague.

All right. Back to work.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Watching Season 1 again, you are awesome! Tell my BA I said hi.

Unknown said...

Powell's is awesome! Portland is great too - a nice place to visit but I still want to live here. ;-) I'm glad you had a good day! Hey, we'll miss you at the 9:15, but the 11 is blessed that you're there being used by God to glorify Himself and encourage His body - yay! Barb and Steve brought Kyle over the night he got back so he could surprise Doug with a visit before we left the next day on vacation. Part of his heart will definitely stay in India and I'm sure he will go back. Sigh...
Guess what we did on the way home from the airport Sunday? Lucy, Lucy, Lucy! :-D And Henry and Evelyn, of course! Oh yeah, and there were some pretty neat kids and their spouses involved there too. What an amazing bunch of blessings!