Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Odds, Ends, and Why I Think July Hates Me

First of all, I don't think July hates me. But a lot of changes happen in July. Most of them have been hard, but all of them are for the better--even though I don't know it at the time.

So, in the tradition of my July Mantra, I won't talk about it. But here's news I am willing to share.

1. I didn't kill my tomato plant. I don't have a green thumb. No, I take that back. I kill my plants because I forget they're there. So, one random day, I looked out on my deck and saw that my tomato plant was dying. For some reason, I freaked out and brought it inside to do everything I could to bring it back to life. I was going to be in and out for two weeks, but when I came home last Sunday night, my dead plant gave way into this thriving one. One of the branches had broken away before I left, and when I came back, two young ones had taken its place. It was beautiful.

Hope I don't kill it later. :-)

2. It took me four years to get here, but starting in August, I have Saturdays off. Wahoo! That means no more using vacation time to attend some event on a Saturday. No more wondering if my request to take a Saturday off is going to be granted or not. No more excuses in my pocket to get out of an event on Saturday. As it so happens, this is probably the last Tuesday where I stalk this coffee shop and catch up on my e-mails and such for three hours. I'm sad, but glad to finally have permission to have somewhat of a life.

3. X-Files movie is coming out this Friday. It will probably suck, but I don't care. I'm watching it anyway. :-)

No comments: