Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Eve

Due to inclement weather, my grandparents have decided to cancel Christmas.

Ok. I'm done being dramatic.

Because my grandparents have been unable to leave the house for the past week and a half, they are postponing our Christmas Eve celebration until this Saturday. I had a feeling this was going to happen, and had mentally prepared myself for this occurence.

And like with most things, I wasn't prepared for it emotionally.

I am sad not to spend Christmas Eve with my family. I know I usually come in late, and the time together is pretty much like every family dinner we have. I know we can see each other any time of the year since we are blessed to live so close to each other, but there is just something about seeing your family on Christmas Eve. And I guess I'm just sad that I won't be able to do that this year.

Update: The grandparents called. Christmas is back on!!!! Now if the snow will just cooperate and disappear so that I can make it to my grandparents's house and then leave the next day...

1 comment:

Sara Sandefur said...

I hope you get there safely. Merry Christmas!