Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Passing Moments

Sometimes the holidays can get to me.

Most of the time I don't mind being alone. But when it comes to the holidays, I am often reminded that I do not have a companion that I can share these moments with. It makes me crazy to feel like I'm missing out on something great and special and wonderful. And if I focus on these things, I end up missing out on the moments in front of me.

I understand that this takes time. I understand that it will be well worth the wait. And I understand that God has a plan and that it is good.

But at times like these, I have to be reminded of this. I hope that I will enjoy these moments and not let them pass me by.

No, I can't bear to live my life alone, I grow impatient for a love to call my own. But when I feel that I can't go on, these precious words keeps me hangin' on: I remember mama said, "You can't hurry love. No, you just have to wait."
--Diana Ross, "You Can't Hurry Love"

No comments: