Thursday, December 25, 2008

I Suspect Bing Crosby

Before I start, I hope that everyone who wished for a White Christmas enjoyed getting what they wished for!

Celebrating Christmas this year was a little different, but still fun. My cousin Sam is in the Philippines, and my cousin JJ couldn't make to my grandparents's house because of the snow. Although I missed Sam and JJ, I had the great opportunity to get to know my cousin Olivia (Smalls). For the longest time, I felt that I really couldn't connect with her because I believed we didn't have a whole lot in common. And because of the number of years that separate us, she and I never really got to talk much. However, this Christmas, she and I bonded over random conversations, card games, and falling asleep to Toy Story. We didn't get to bed until 5 AM. I really enjoyed getting to know Smalls and I pray that bond will not break.

I truly do love my family. And I am truly blessed to have celebrated Christmas with (most of) them. And when I think about Christmas this year, other than the white/gray snow that tried to separate us, I am glad I got to spend it with my church family, my family, and the Colliers!

Gloria! God is with us.

No comments: