Friday, December 26, 2008

A Different Kind of World

I've been waiting for a hero who's brave and strong. Someone to love me, someone to tell me I belong. So I pretend I'm satisfied, and I stand watching on the sidelines. 'Til You pull me into the light and say, "It's your turn now, welcome to your life!"

This time last year, I had awoken to a completely different world.

I had received mostly what I had asked for, but since it was apart from God, it couldn't mean anything to me. The words that were spoken to me were tainted by the intentions behind them. And it left me feeling smaller and lonelier than I had ever expected to be.

A year had magically gone by and I approached this Christmas with a different kind of spirit. Instead of wishing for things to be different, I was trying to enjoy the blessings I did have. I was blessed with a different kind of joy. I loved my church family, my friends, my job. I actually looked forward being with my family on Christmas Eve (even though the snow had threatened to change all that). The air I was taking in wasn't stale.

Life changes when lasting peace and true love are present in anyone's life. Anything else other than that merely pales in comparison.

I woke up this Christmas morning to a different kind of world. And it is better than I had ever hoped it could be.

Now I can finally start to live, take those chances I have missed. Things will be much different, now that I know You call me beautiful.

Song Quotes from "Call Me Beautiful," by Ginny Owens.

No comments: